I am so excited, because above you can see the cover of Two-Fisted Librarians #5! It features art by Colleen Frakes (who recently released her graphic novel memoir Prison Island)!
Of course, we need more than just a cover to publish an issue, so we're asking you to send in submissions of stories, comics, recipes, and whatever else you can think of as long as it contains LIBRARY ACTION. Stories can be about librarians, library technicians, library cats, sentient libraries, etc. As long as your contribution is at least a little bit pulpy (mystery, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, etc.) it's fine! (This TV tropes page on Two-Fisted Tales might help give you some direction.)
Deadline for the next issue is March 30th!But what if you don't have the time or inclination to create a full submission? Well, lucky for you there are still ways to contribute! We're looking for phony letters, fake news items, and made-up issue blurbs. Just remember to keep them pretty brief. You can see examples from issue #4 below.
A few instructions:
- Keep your letters and news items brief.
- Don't complain about any real stories that have appeared.
- Letters that are filled with complaints are probably funnier.
- Feel free to ask questions to which you don't know the answer.
- You don't need to write editorial responses to your own letters, we've got that covered.
- If you're not sure what to write about, you can use information from this list of made up characters, stories, and more that have been referenced in previous issues.
- Captain American Letter Column (Let's Rap With Cap)
- Weird War Tales Letter Column
- Marvel Bullpen Bulletins
- DC Direct Currents
- DC Daily Planet
So get creating!